Following are steps to Enable Background operations or Service in the background. Customized Android Operating Systems add some strict limitations on background services to boost up battery life and make the device perform better. Many mobile companies use them on customized OS like Xiaomi uses MIUI, Oppo uses ColorOS, Vivo use FuntouchOS and Huawei EMUI. But a normal user or developer sometimes face the following issues due to these optimizations in the customized OS.
In my previous post, we created a Google Map Static API image using a Get URL. In one of my project, there was a requirement of HTML conversion into PDF document. So I wanted to add that Map Image into that PDF document. I used html2canvas and jsPDF libraries for that.
When I was trying to convert an HTML section with Google Static Map Image into the canvas, I faced a strange issue.
Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: Failed to execute ‘toDataURL’ on ‘HTMLCanvasElement’: Tainted canvases may not be exported.
In one of my application, there was a google map showing the route of a person traveled in a selected day. I was trying to convert that HTML section into downloadable PDF format, which should have that dynamic map as well. So I tried to convert that HTML section into the canvas, but unfortunately as google maps are loaded in iframes, so I was not able to get an actual map there was only icon and polylines which I marked to show the path.
jsPDF is a nice library to convert HTML content into PDF. We can put the different type of elements in PDF from HTML like an icon, images, text, CSS styles.
Here we will discuss an example of jsPDF to convert long HTML page into PDF document which will be generated client-side and download.
Continuing from my previous post has an example of filter pipe usage in Angular 5 application. Here we will upgrade that simple filter app to level next. I have upgraded this application to Angular v6, worked basically on two important methods using which we can pass data between Angular components.
Listing of items in data is a simple way to show items. If users have to select only a single Item out of it, we need to use radio input fields. here we will discuss the implementation of radio input list in Angular 6. We will develop a simple Angular application which will have the following tasks:
1) Create a new Angular Application.
2) item.ts having item model definition.
3) mock-data.ts, will have a list of items.
4) use ngModel to have data binding flowing both sides.
5) Change event binding to get Checked item record.
Angular’s best feature is component. We can divide different modules into a number of components. Where each component having its own responsibility to perform. But, sometimes these components may need to communicate with each other and share data having each other’s dependencies.
In this post, we will discuss a simple example app which will share data between components using @Input() Decorator. @Input() decorator will allow passing data in the defined template.
JSON response received on the client side is generally in alphabetical order. This happens when we don’t add any sort order on our server-side API layers. In one of my project, there was a situation in which I wanted to add columns in Excel file from JSON response, as JSON attributes( In my case colum headers ) arranged in alphabetical, but I wanted them to be in some required order. I tried to do this client side in JS but it costs a lot! in term of page loading performance when data is large. As my services were in ASP.NET using C sharp so after some research, I tried something which worked like charm.
Viewing formatted data on HTML webpage is a good idea until the user wants to do some quick changes in tabular data like sorting, filtering. So it is better to take it in your own hands instead of making server calls. Today we will convert JSON response data into the Excel file. Excel file will have a header and columns defined which will be downloaded on the client side.
So after updating the version of firebase-messaging in the build.gradle file from v17.0.0 to v17.1.0, strange things started happening…
there was a line of horror in service I used to use for messaging in my application. After some research, I landed on this page.
Let’s quickly go to updates which we need to do to get it working like before.